- Looks can be deceiving, so don’t rely on them. There is a reason why you should never judge a book by its cover.
- Try to walk away from relationships you are not happy with, when you have the time to walk out. The moment you get too involved in them, you will lose the courage to walk out.
- Time is money, so be careful where and with whom you waste it.
- It’s alright to burn down some bridges, so don’t be afraid while doing that. Not everyone wants to cross them to be with you.
- There will come a time when you will have to show your ass to all the drama out there, don’t hesitate in doing that. You would be thankful for that later.
- Admit your mistakes, only when you know you’re wrong. If you are married, you have my sympathies.
- Learn to always make new mistakes in life. You’re living a life, so please, try to live it with peace!
- If someone does not like you, for any reason whatsoever, it’s their problem, not yours! So, stop killing yourself over changing their minds! You can not please everyone.
- Everyone lives with regrets in life, and its a damn fact! ADMIT IT AND LIVE WITH IT!! Reality is hard, only when you do not accept it.
- Don’t indulge yourself in gossip and try to stay away from it as well! It will not do any good to you.
- Believe in yourself, you are stronger that you think you really are.
- If you can’t hold yourself back, then nothing else will!! If you can’t push yourself forward, life will.
- The only thing you’re limited by is your own imagination. So, let it run as wild as you can. Do not live your life inside a box. You are not a captive.
- Perception is indeed the bitter truth.
- For once, try to put faith in your instincts. They will take you to places you have never been before.
- Success can give you a headache, while failure can give you a heartache. So, don’t let them get to your head or heart!
- Don’t count your pennies to know how rich you are, just count all the great things you have that are priceless. In the end, memories will matter the most.
- Be kind to yourself before being kind to others. Forgive yourself before you forgive others.
- Experience is greater than knowledge. That’s why no education will ever go to a waste. So, sink in as many new experiences as you can.
- Don’t hesitate in making others smile. Maybe it won’t mean much to you, but it could mean the world to someone else.
- Don’t underestimate yourself, ever. Because you never know how strong you really are until being strong is the only choice you have got left! And this is one which I learned on my way to this number and I still am!
- If you can’t move out of your own comfort zones, then don’t expect the best life experiences and opportunities to come your way. Because, the best will happen only WHEN YOU DARE TO LOOSE!
- Love yourself before you fall in love with someone else.
We all run into strangers our whole lives. These strangers soon turn into people we cannot imagine life without. We give them the name of our friends, family, relatives, colleagues, enemies, friends with benefits, wives, husbands, or a more famous name in our part of the world, Na-Maloom Afraad. Whatever name we give to the bond we have with them, it is a fact that these people have come to inspire us.
They come in our lives and leave a mark on our hearts. Whether they choose to remain themselves or hide their faces behind their masks, their actions speak louder than words. And Unknowingly, they become so close to us that it gets hard when they leave. Because that’s when nothing else seems to matter!
I wandered with a lost soul,
At a time of life
When I had entered the widest coast.
My heart had drowned in its wrath,
It was a time I struggled to reach nearest ground.
Unknowingly…I was surrounded by darkness
I was afraid to fight,
As I was unable to see the light.
I did not even think of moving on,
As I had come to believe I was all alone.
I was not me at all,
As I had lost myself, unknowingly…
In the midst of this treacherous time,
There came a blessing in disguise,
It Ascended from the Heavens above.
I was given a chance to meet an angel in reality,
Who would stay beside me, till eternity.
Unknowingly…I had finally found this friend of mine.
Not ever, had I thought,
We will go like this,
Share our dreams
And keep on talking about silly things.
Not ever, had I thought, we will get this close,
Just like how the ocean flows.
Not ever, had I thought, you will change my life.
Unknowingly…it was you who healed me and my life.
Words can not do justice to it
I can’t seem to be Thankful enough
For this life time blessing,
It’s you my friend, that keeps me flowing,
built in an unexpected way,
I hope we are able to keep it,
till our hairs turn gray…
I know we’ll still be the same and won’t ever change!
Just Once I want to be worth fighting for.
Just once I want to believe someone will never leave.
Just once I want to believe someone when they say they will not hurt me.
Just once I want to be able to look at someone in the eye without the fear of losing them.
Just once I want to hold onto someone without thinking how bad it’s going to hurt when they leave.
Just once I want someone to be afraid of losing me.
Just once I want to feel like I matter.
Just once I want to feel being important.
Just once I want to hug someone tight and not think about saying goodbye.
Just once I want to shed a tear after a smile
Just once I want to be able to fail to realize my true self.
Just once I wish to be the real me.
Just once I want to live life and realize my dreams
Just once I want to hug you tight.
Just once I want to kiss you on your forehead and say I love you.
Just once I want to see you smile.
Just once I want to work without the curse of money attached
Just once I want to fly without wings.
Just once I want to feel wanted.
Just once I want to be able to sleep with peace.
Just once I want my life
Just once I want to hugged real tight.
Just once I want you kiss me all night.
Just once I want to be the reason for your smile.
Just once I want to fall in your arms and stay there all night.
Just once I want someone to mean when they say “You’re mine.”
Just once I want my sadistic thoughts to leave me alone.
Just once I want the world to see that I am prone to sadness.
Just once I wish to feel like a human again.
Just once I wish to be that one of a kind gem.
Just once I want life to be on the right track.
Just once I would want these mind games to stop.
Sometimes it’s not the people who change,
it’s the Mask that fall off.
Tumbling across the internet, I came to a halt on a web-page recently and ended up reading an article there. Couldn’t save the link and don’t remember it either, but these few lines caught my attention so much, that I still remember them word-by-word!
“…and so remember, the next time you decide to give someone a chance (whether it be for work or for friendship), try to go for the “real thing” and not the sugar-coated one, so that you don’t end up being at the disappointing end.”
If you think about it, these lines are a part of almost everyone’s life, and mine is no different! They trigger some very profound thoughts in my mind and definitely some (not good nor bad) memories! I mean, on what grounds can you consider differentiating between who’s genuine and who’s not! Between what’s behind the mask! As we said earlier, we all are Na-Maaloom Afraad for one another. Although, we are connected to each other as this Momondo video about DNA shows, but we are still quite strangers for each others.
So how do you actually go about deciding whom to connect with and whom to stay away from? I don’t know about the people around me, but for me, these tips ( or tricks 😉 ) work wonders sometimes!
- Like for starters, you should never jump to conclusions, even if you are some kind of a mental freak-out! NO!! NO WAY IN HELL!! Even three or four observations are not enough to conclude about any human being; You should take as much time as you can to analyse a person. YES! YES! IT’S TRUE! EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD JUDGES EVERYONE ELSE!! No running away from that!
- Actions speak louder than words but Habits speak the loudest. Yup! It’s something new on the block! Your actions (or for the case, someone else’s actions) may not be the right medium to assess the “real” inner personality of anyone, but habits can help you in predicting the character of a person. It is believed (and to an extents, it’s true) that habits trigger repetitive actions which help in transforming an individual’s overall personality.
Most people portray something else, where as they really mean to show something else! All they want is for others to understand what they are trying to say. You may say they are shy, but they really can’t help it, as they are made that way! It’s not that they have any evil intentions (OK, at least not all of them) but they just do it out of the fear of being exploited! You shouldn’t think in a negative way about them and instead, try to appreciate them if they aren’t doing anything bad and guide them towards the right track! All they want, is for someone to be there for them and not to leave them astray!
Instead of looking out for physical characteristics, try looking for ethical characteristics such as honesty, truthfulness, friendliness, down-to-earth, simplicity or empathy etc.! It will really help you in handling the person effectively!
And this is the best one!!
For once in your life (and my life) try to use your brain instead of using your eyes!!! Try to make a synchronization between your Heart and the brain! Its simple! All you have to do is make the breathing exercise (Remember? The Inhaling and Exhaling..and the pause in between?!) a part of your daily routine! Try doing it in the morning, your life will change for good and so will your thinking pattern!
AND FINALLY, before concluding about someone, try thinking logically and carefully…as you never know which way the world might turn! 😉
As we move on to the times of Hyperloop One, we can only imagine how fast our lives are actually moving. We are all engulfed in rat-race to beat one another and get to the top. We are forgetting just a teeny little secret: There is no rewind button in life. It only rewinds when you are about to leave for the journey of no return.
Just recently, I was in a meeting, a tense meeting. One opinion popped up: “Don’t think we should focus on struggling and spend time on earning money? We have already spent a lot of our time with our families, friends, and hangouts. It is time we earn some bucks and focus on making a life out of it.” What my mind translated this into was this: Work your ass off. Earn a lot of bucks. And then celebrate with yourself, because during the rat-race, you’ll end up losing more than you’ll end up earning.
Again, it all depends on the perspectives. For some, time is money. For others, memories matter the most. For the rest, money is all that matters.
For those who believe in memories, friendships, relationships, quality time with family, coupled with a balanced work-life, here is something to look forwards to.
You can call these the secrets to life as well! Now these are all mixed up and that’s for a reason! Some are quite obvious, others are not! 🙂 If you have a problem with any, WhatsApp only. 😛 😉
If you don’t have a way of reaching out to one another, then you are not worthy enough to have a problem with one another. Anyways, enough of the taunting. I’ll get down to the promises.
Just a note: These are mixed up and as the heading says, these are promises for Friend “s”
- I am not me when you’re not you or around me. You’re the best person I have ever met in my life. So, kindly stick around! I’ll even say please for that.
- I will never, in a million years, let you date anyone I don’t approve of. Please note that before making reservations at your favorite hotel. 😛
- I won’t let you have an ugly haircut, and if you do, i’ll keep taunting you for that! 😉
- I vow to always tap your back while you puke..if it’s in front of me. And then I’ll laugh out loud! 😉
- I’m sorry about that time I didn’t told you I actually hated your friend and I still do!
- Thank you for listening to me while I wasn’t talking at all.
- Thank you for taking care of me that time when all hope was lost.
- Thank you for listening to me cry over how bad things are in my life.
- And telling me to get over stuff that wasn’t there anymore.
- And that everything is all well because you are now a part of my life!
- Thank you for standing with me in times of need. Both yours and mine. 😉
- I’m glad we Google a lot of shitty stuff together!
- And if I’m going to be honest, I think of you the entire time.
- I will probably never stop texting you, just to make sure you’re by my side always! Since, technology had a huge hand to play in our lives!
- Distance won’t make a difference. You’ll always be close to me.
- In fact, I like you more than I could have imagined! Ever!
- I’ll always try to be the 1st one to wish your birthday, new things every time. So, be prepared. 😉
- And I’ll always favorite your texts, no matter how many I get!
- I don’t regret a single person that I learned to hate, because you helped me laugh at that person!
- I am at my greatest while laughing when I am with you, physically or virtually.
- Travelling with you has been one heck of an experience. I pity those on the roads while we are together. 😛 I am looking forward to the plane trips now!!
- You are my best-man. I better be yours. Or else, forget having a “Suhaag-raat!”
- I promise to babysit your future children, no matter how naughty they are, they can’t be naughtier than you!
- I will always get you out of trouble!
- I will always slap you after I drag you out because you got into trouble without me!
I will always be your best friend. You all are stuck with me. So, better suck it up! You don’t have much of a choice! I am a Virgo, I don’t let go that easily. 😛
These are the promises that I am making to my best friends. What are your promises? You can share them here in the comments section below.