I just got done with another round of Boy Meets World. I couldn’t resist myself from watching it all over again, specially after going through the much anticipated sequel to the famous 90’s show , Girl Meets World.
Boy, I must say there were so many lessons in the prequel to this era’s Girl Meets World. Feeny never gave up on Shawn, not even once. Eric never changed, he was dumber than dumb, but had a good heart. Cory was as stubborn as one can imagine being. All the characters in the show portrayed one or the other characteristic present in almost every human. Every episode (leaving aside 1 or 2) had a good lesson hidden in it! This show has taught me so many basic lessons about life that I thought to share some with you all.
1. Everyday has something exciting to teach you, you better gear up for it! Whether you are sad or happy, you know you just learned a valuable lesson from that experience.
2. Love never hurts. Its falling in love with the wrong people that hurts. There is no such thing as loneliness. If you are content with the one you love and want to spend your life with him/her, then you’ll be able to conquer every obstacle thrown at you. (Cory and Topanga?! That’s right!)
3. Everybody needs somebody to believe in them, in order for them to have success in life! If no one believes in you, then you won’t have anyone to tell you what you are capable of doing and what shortcomings you have.
4. We are all here to make mistakes. I mean, honestly speaking, AGE IS A HIGH PRICE TO PAY FOR MATURITY! So, no matter how old you are, you’ll make a lot of mistakes in your life.
5. Nobody is perfect in this world. Perfection is just so overrated. Don’t push yourself to be perfect. Its ok to fail a test or two, its ok to lose out on a job. IT’S OK! If not everybody, a lot of people do get a second chance in life. You just need to positive in life and believe that no matter how tough things are going, everything is going to be O.K.!
6. If you really love someone; admire him/her; or just feel that he/she is an important part of your life…JUST GO AND SAY IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! If somebody’s important to you, let them know and feel how important they are!
7. Better be safe, rather than being sorry. “Life’s tough, get a helmet.”
8. Things change. People change. Relationships change. And that’s a good thing. Because you can’t expect things to stay the same forever. But, what you can expect is to have the people who were with you throughout to be with you as you go through that change.
9. Mr. Feeny: “Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do Good.”
Topanga: “Don’t you mean Do Well?”
Mr. Feeny: “No..I mean Do Good!”
And my personal favorite!
10. “LOSE ONE FRIEND, LOSE ALL FRIENDS, LOSE YOURSELF!”
I really wish I could have had a teacher like Mr. Feeny! I mean he knows everything! But, taking nothing away from the teachers I had in my life, I cherish everything they taught me and pray I am able to teach them to my kids as well.
All those who are wondering what the show was about, go on the following link and download the whole series..but let me warn you: ONCE YOU WATCH, YOU JUST CAN’T STOP!
I am looking forward to the sequel. I hope its as good as the original show was. Even though we are in a new millennium, yet, I am hopeful for a good show to watch on TV!
Also published on Medium.